Monday, June 4, 2018

A SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY

I know, I know…bad, BAD blogger. But I’m not going to make excuses. Instead, I’m just going to own it and go on.

But anyway, on a happier note let me tell you where we went to over the weekend. There’s this awesome place called Cruze Farms. It’s only ten minutes from my house and believe me when I say it’s like stepping into a time machine and going back many years.


It all begins with going into a quaint little restaurant on the premises called, “The Pizza Barn.” When you first walk in, all these posters and portraits of old-fashioned farm life hang everywhere. Even a portrait of a cow’s head hung proudly above the front door. After you finish eating pizza, you then go to the ice cream parlor and dairy market that is held inside an old historical home from the late 1800’s.

Grant it, a tiny part of me wanted to stay there forever: to sit under an old oak tree, eat ice cream and whistle the glorious day away. But I couldn't. Instead, I decided to call it a day and do it all again soon where I sit outside on the front porch, listen to a tune being played on an old piano, and be grateful for the little things.





No comments: