Saturday, July 16, 2011

A BRAND NEW GIG

     Hey, everyone! This isn't a blog entry that's "the norm" for me, but I thought I'd share some exciting news with everyone. As any blogger would do, I have to share any--and I do mean any--going-ons with my fellow blogger buddies.
     So, here goes. 
     I received a wonderful opportunity to be a columnist and couldn't be happier. It's The Volunteer Times, an online paper in its infancy with the most awesome publisher and crew I have the immense pleasure of working with.
     Please check out my first column entry by clicking HERE. Also, be sure to check out the other wonderful stories and places on the site. I promise there's a little something for everyone.
     If you have Facebook, I'd love for you guys and gals to leave a comment on either my story or anything of interest you like. If not, leave one here and tell me what you think.
  

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Congratulations once again! I hope you enjoy your new 'position'. You'll be great! Now off I go to read the column. :0)

Mr. Macabre said...

That brought me back to good days that I didn't appreciate at the time. Things like Sunday lunch at Grandmother's house where there was a spread a mile wide and unless you didn't leave miserably stuffed, you ran the risk of offending.
I miss the days where we weren't shoving our noses into electronic gadgets; I purposefully left my iPhone at home yesterday to go to a wedding and was able to focus on the beauty of the stained glass windows, the architecture, the flowers instead of doing what I know I would have done: checked my email, texted, surfed the web, all the things that separate me from the real world.
Technology isn't evil, it's just taken over a place where human interaction and family should be.

*takes a short bow and steps off soapbox*

J.E. Bolton said...

Jeanne and Mr. Macabre: Thank you both so much for your kind words. You two are awesome, as usual!

It's easy sometimes to forget the simple things when things like a cell phone or Internet's in the way. There was a time we didn't have cell phones. Now, I wonder how I made it so long without one. Isn't that awful of me?

And remember: Hallowe'en is coming up...YAY! So, Mr. Macabre: I may have to try boogers on a stick.

Again, thank you both so much. It truly means a lot.

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Hey...well I wasn't aware you were changing jobs...but then I had been on an extended hiatus thanks to my 'real life'. But I wish you all good things, happiness and mucho success in your new endeavors. But I have NO DOUBT you'll do great wherever you go because that's the kind of spirit you have! :o)

J.E. Bolton said...

Thank you so much, Wendy!