Sunday, January 6, 2013

THE LIVING AMONG THE DEAD

January is a really difficult month to write a blog entry. I've tried but it's the settling of the Christmas dust that makes everything dull and mundane. Sometimes, I can't find anything to write about until Spring when the flowers bloom and the seasons come back to life.

HOWEVER...when I see skies like this, it makes certain feelings and passions in me rise from the ashes like a mighty phoenix. There are some things I love about this time of year: the scent of mulling spices, the comfy afghans, and warm cups of cocoa. Also, let's not forget roaring fires, curling up to a good book, and cuddling with our four-legged babies (A.K.A. puppy dogs or kitties, whichever you have).

Life is kinda like that, too. Often times, we think certain things in our life aren't moving forward full-speed as we'd like for them to, but if we just persevere and keep going we'll find that one ounce of life among all the death that seems to be constantly around us.

But life is for the living, so let's get to it!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Everything in Life happens in its own good time. We just have to learn to be patient and let it happen when it wants to happen - not when we want it to happen!
I used to dread the onslaught of January. But as I have aged, I have come to enjoy January for its quiet and solitude. Its such a wonderful time to contemplate & rejuvenate. To learn to appreciate the beauty in the 'bones' that are around us.

J.E. Bolton said...

Jeanne: Thanks for your kind and, as always, very wise & wonderful words.