Wednesday, March 26, 2014

EGG DYE ATTEMPT #1: THE ROBIN EGG

As promised, I am trying to dye various Easter eggs in a variety of different ways.

For starters, I choose to call this one "the robin egg." It looks like a natural robin's egg and can be done in any color. Here's how I did it:

First, I boiled one egg. Then, I took the egg and sprayed it with a thick layer of vegetable oil. Then, I dropped the egg in a cup consisting of a mixture of warm water and blue food coloring. I allowed the egg to sit in the dye mixture for fifteen to twenty minutes and then removed the egg from the cup.

I took a wash cloth and wiped the egg as though I was drying and polishing it. What happened was the colored dye began to stick to the egg, and as I rubbed it took on a shiny, speckled form.

It was awesome and very realistic!

For my next egg dyeing experiment...Well...you'll just have to wait and see. =)


No comments: