Tuesday, September 15, 2015

THE GREAT PUMPKIN PATCH...ES

One morning in late August, my other half awoke and took my fur-babies out for their "morning constitution."

Little buds growing from virtually nowhere. Nothing had been planted there, and there wasn't any reason for them to exist but they did. A few weeks passed, and we discovered what appeared to be a small pumpkin patch.

And not just one small patch...but TWO!

Honestly, I have never grown a pumpkin a day in my life. I've carved my fair share to turn into Jack or Jackie-O-Lanterns, ate them in the form of pies and drank flavored creamer of that sort in my morning coffee. But I've never grown one before. I thought this was pretty cool.

I'm thinking about calling one Linus and the other Sally, in lieu of the IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CHARLIE BROWN. What do y'all think?

4 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i have trouble getting pumpkins to grow but this year i have 2 small ones!

J.E. Bolton said...

Cool, jaz! What ironic is I had no intentions of growing anything and here these came. I am trusting Mother Nature did the gardening and will teach me well. :)

Jeanne said...

And Blessed with Pumpkins are those who love Halloween! :o)

J.E. Bolton said...

Exactly, Jeanne!