Wednesday, October 9, 2019

AT THE GARDEN'S END

We've been rather lax on decorating this year, as I used to designate the first Saturday after Autumn to begin decorating. Although I would cheat and decorate the mantle the weekend of Labor Day, decorating for seasons is a tradition in my home.

This year I wanted to do something different. In the next couple weeks, I am going to turn our back garden into a pumpkin patch...or...Jack O' Patch, for use of a better term. These beautiful orange and white pumpkins will be carved and bring a magical, creature-like flair to our little home.

Hopefully, the squirrels and other critters will cooperate and not make a meal out of the pumpkins. Then again, maybe they're just helping me carve the pumpkins. Who knows? Stay tuned and tell me how you decorate for this-most "spook"tacular time of the year.  

No comments: