Monday, October 7, 2019

THE WELCOME MAT

As promised, I'm sticking to my beloved blog. And honestly, I'm very grateful to feel the excitement of blogging again. Tennessee has finally reached autumn temps: lower 70's and cool, so what better reason do I need? 

For the past few days, I've been calling this month "HOTober" and for good reason. But seeing the leaves finally fall and a brisk chill in the air truly gets my senses tingling. With the leaves falling, I also noticed leaves beginning to cover my welcome mat. Usually, I grab a broom and sweep them away, but this time felt different. I wasn't in too big of a hurry to sweep, as I have missed autumn like an old familiar friend. It's the same friend you look forward to his or her arrival once a year. 

So yes, I could have swept the fallish debris away, but I didn't. To me, the dried, dead leaves give birth and character to the welcome mat. And not in the form of appearance, but rather what's truly on the inside. What a cool concept! And that's a lot how life is. Just when we think there's nothing but death all around us, if we take another outlook on things there's always life waiting to welcome us back to the land of the living.



No comments: