Saturday, September 18, 2010

THE WORLD'S FIRST CONDEMNED COOKIE HOUSE

         
     I've done something today I'd never done before. We picked up a Halloween, Ready-To- Decorate Cookie House Kit yesterday evening, and I had a major brainstorm: to make something I'd never made before. I saw the awesomeness of it on the box. Funny thing about box side advertising. The item you purchase is a usual far cry from what you actually get. The frozen chicken is never THAT golden, the BBQ brisket is never THAT glossy, etc., 
    The houses they showed had orange roofs, purple cobwebs and frosty outlines, and the grass was green and layered--just beautifully done. 

Well, this is MY house...

    A far cry from the box display, eh?

    Poor little cookie house! I told my sister Heather, and best friends Windy and Tracey it looked like a condemned cookie house where people go to do bad things...LOL! They were just trying to be nice and said, "Oh, no! It looks great!" It looks droopy, like someone hurt its feelings something terrible. Of course, I can't blame my creation or box side advertising. The problem was I needed patience to create it the way it should've been done. Oh, well. Every new venture is always trial and error, right? 
    I can say one thing good about it. I had a blast making it, while also getting a good chuckle or two in the process. No matter how goofy or mundane the things we do may seem, isn't it good to know these same things temporarily take us away from all the craziness real life tends to produce and instantly become the favorite parts of our day?
    Hmm...Looks like I found myself a new annual birthday ritual.
   

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Condemned Cookie House!! Hilarious!!
Who cares what it looks like? Does it taste good?

J.E. Bolton said...

JEANNE: The cookie was HORRIBLE tasting...LOL! It came from one of those cookie kits you buy at Wal-Mart and it tasted like a stale vanilla wafer.

Thanks for your comment!