Tuesday, January 21, 2014

BEAUTY AMONG THE BEAST

Even though it's the middle of January, my household's getting ready for Springtime buying garden supplies at estate sales and flea markets before they're gone.

This was one of the things we put in our garden on the back porch. The rustic, antique chair may not look appealing to the naked eye, but there's something about it that possesses character unlike any other.


And I'll admit. It's not the most eye-catching beauty, but it sure does tell a story. And, just like with anything in life, when we look beyond the mundane and find the exquisite, we also find ourselves loving one the greatest stories ever told.

And in the end, among its years, we'll be blessed to have experienced it all.

4 comments:

Val said...

Well said. And I looooove that chair. It's like a ladderback but even sweeter. Lovely.

J.E. Bolton said...

Thanks, Val! Since there's a hole in it, it's really neat to put clay flower pots in during Springtime.

beth said...

i love all things old, used and loved so of course this chair would have caught my eye!! and flea markets..."oh be still my heart"..they have quite a pull on me :)

J.E. Bolton said...

Thanks, Beth! I couldn't agree more.