Friday, January 24, 2014

THE MULLING CAULDRON

Now that winter's here, one of my favorite things to do is to get crafty and hands-on.

I purchased this green bell pepper-shaped pot a few years ago for the sole purpose it made the rest of my kitchen look warm and welcoming. Since I'm unable to cook a lot with it, it had to have some use other than to, as my granddaddy would say, "sit around and look pretty."

So...with a lot of love and TLC, I decided to designate it as my mulling cauldron. I call it a "cauldron" for the simple fact that I love anything mystical and Halloween-related. The last time I used it, I mulled something that smelled like a citrus grove and it refreshed the kitchen and even parts of the house. I took pieces of sliced lemons, limes and oranges, and created the most wonderful-smelling concoction.

Don't get me wrong. I can't walk out the door without my cell phone, my laptop possesses a great deal of importance, and my Kindle Fire rocks, but there's something about mulling spices and sipping delicious ciders and gourmet cocoas on cold days like today that make this chilly season oh, so perfect!



No comments: