Friday, January 10, 2014

HIDDEN BLESSINGS

A few days ago, our country was rocked with the lowest temperatures in decades. Wind chills that, as my grandmother used to say, "could cut through you" penetrated through even the most impenetrable clothing.

Still, despite all the chaotic weather conditions came this gorgeous scenery. The skies were a stunning baby blue and the snow was as white as cotton. Grant it, temperatures reaching 20-below zero isn't necessarily my idea of a serene time...BUT...I made the best of a bad situation.

I took steaming coffee in my favorite mug, wrapped myself in my favorite blanket, sat on the couch, and watched the snow fall like tiny earthbound angels. No, there's nothing like the warmth of spring, the pool-splashing summer, and my favorite time of the year which is autumn. However, there's also nothing, and I do mean nothing like those precious moments when we step back, look at what we've been given, and simple smile, thankful to be alive to have experienced it all. 

3 comments:

Val said...

Indeed. Watching snow fall from indoors was one of my favorite things this past week. 'So peaceful. And what a beautiful photo. 'Good to see you back. :)

J.E. Bolton said...

Thanks, Val! I've missed my little corner of the World Wide Web--especially now that life's settled down for me. =) Thank you for your encouragement and the email.

Val said...

:)