Saturday, December 18, 2010

ICE ICE BABY: PART TWO

     As I said in my previous blog: During the mini ice storm, the electricity was out for a whopping twelve hours. When the electricity you so heavily depend upon goes out, you have to do something to pass the time. So, I decided to resurrect one of my favorite childhood projects I hadn't done since I was a child: make paper snowflakes.
    My mom taught me this special craft, and I used to love making these even if it wasn't Christmas. If you've never done this before or have simply forgotten how to make these, it's really easy to do. All you'll need is a sheet of paper (any color you wish) and a pair of scissors.
    It goes a little like this: 


Fold one sheet of paper into fourths and then fold it into a triangle.


Cut off the excess strip. 
 
Start cutting shapes along the sides and corners--any shape you wish. For me, I've always had success with triangles and squares, but whatever shape works best for you. You're a pro if you can do circles or stars!


After you're finished cutting your chosen shapes, unfold your creation.


When you're done, it should look something like this.
ENJOY!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

How fun! :0)

J.E. Bolton said...

JEANNE: It actually was blast. I'm not sure what made me pick this up, but when I did all those good childhood memories flooded back.

Thanks for your comment, as always.