Friday, December 17, 2010

ICE ICE BABY


     A few days ago, the weatherman said it was going to ice over, then change over to rain and melt everything away. Instead, this is what I woke up to: a pure blanket of ice. The ice covered everything, and, unfortunately, power was out for a total of twelve grueling hours, because one tree took out five electrical poles. That's right: FIVE...OUCH!
    The bad thing was the cold. The good thing was it wasn't cold enough to freeze you to death. When there's no electricity, boredom tends to set in. What did my household do? In my next blog entry, I'll reintroduce you to an old-time Christmas favorite.
    What is it? Stay tuned and find out!

4 comments:

suzanne said...

An ice storm is pretty as long as you don't have to leave the house. :/

J.E. Bolton said...

HALLOWEEN SPIRIT: Very true, indeed. It wasn't fun being without electricity but it was really beautiful to look at. It looked like a cluster of diamonds hanging everywhere. At least we did have board games, Madlib activity books, and the joy of the type of conversation that never takes place with electricity.

Thanks for posting!

dragonmamma said...

It's even been icing-over here in sunny California. In between rain storms, that is. Our electricity hasn't gone out since October. ( knock on wood.)

J.E. Bolton said...

DRAGONMAMMA: Wow! I had no idea. I always assumeed California never got ice, but I guess I was wrong. (See how little I know about everything?).

I hope everything mellows out weatherwise, and that you, your family and all my fellow bloggers & their families have a very Merry Christmas!