Saturday, February 26, 2011

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED


     This photo doesn't do today's blog entry justice, yet it's the perfect backdrop to what happened just the other day.
     I was headed home one day after running errands and noticed quite a few people gathered in the distance, staring in awe at a group of trees. The first thing I did was park my vehicle, got out and walked over to the small crowd of spectators.
     An older gentleman walked over to me and said while pointing to some trees on the distance, "A bald eagle's hovering over that area." And sure enough, it was. I'd never seen anything like it. It was a ways from us, but I could tell it was definitely a bald eagle.
     Being the intrigued passerby I was, I drove to the area where the eagle was hovering over and walked into the woods. It was about a half-mile, on-foot journey but well worth it. At the area the eagle appeared to be hovering over were some nests high in the trees. It might've not made the front page of the newspaper, but considering this day and time when there's nothing but bad news to report, it was kinda nice for a change.
     Just thought I'd share this with everyone. Hope you like it and find it just as fascinating as I did.

10 comments:

Dio said...

You can tell the important things in life by how high they make your heart soar, and seeing an eagle is pretty high up on that list!
I used to be able to watch them out of my kitchen window, catching fish out of the lake behind our house ( we moved - they're still there ) - it's such an uplifting thing.

So glad you got that thrill of seeing one, and I hope they are moving into your area to settle and start their families!

J.E. Bolton said...

DIO: Thanks for the comment. I was awesome. Aside from Dollywood's Eagle Sanctuary, I'd never seen one in person before, even if it was from a distance.

I love eagles. A real symbol of strength. Thanks again!

George The Lad said...

Thanks for your visit and kind comments.
I think things like this need sharing when something makes you stop and look.
What a great thing to see, one of our biggest birds is the bizzard, which when ever I see one I have to stop and watch.
I love the photo, just look at all the shapes. Photography is my hobbie, so after a while you start to look at things in a different way, I have to say that goes by the way side taking photos of George and trying to include a good shot on a moving subject!
Have a Good Week Jan.

J.E. Bolton said...

Thank you so much for sharing George's adventures with us, Jan, and for stopping by. The type of photos I love are the ones with deep, rich hues.

Thanks again!

Jane said...

Eagles are beautiful birds. I have only seen a few,it's always a real treat! Glad you got to see one in the wild. Blessings jane

J.E. Bolton said...

JANE: It was really something seeing it in person, even if it was from a distance.

Thanks for commenting!

Jeanne said...

How utterly cool!!! That is a sight you don't see every day. Thank you for sharing it with us. We don't hear nearly enough good news any more....

J.E. Bolton said...

JEANNE: How true. It was one of those out-of-the-blue occurances. Very fascinating!

Also, I found a really neat website that has nothing but true good news. It's www.happynews.com. Check it out. It's really great!

Thanks for stopping by!

Joy said...

Awesome! I've had the utter joy and privelege of seeing several eagles--magnificent birds! I also love seeing migrating Canada geese and Sandhills cranes. I love how no matter what happens in the world--all the bad stuff--this God-designed instict to migrate never fails. It reassures me that God is in control.

J.E. Bolton said...

JOY: Very true, indeed! Everytime I see an eagle, it reminds me of Isaiah 40:31.

Thanks for sharing and commenting!