Monday, February 7, 2011

THE LOVE BOX


     This year, the Favorite Things Household made a vow to never take even the slightest thing for granted. And Valentine's Day is no exception.
     When I was a child, my mom and I (before my sisters came along) always made a Valentine's Day box. We'd stuff it with valentines and made sure the box was anywhere between half to nearly all the way full. On Valentine's Day, I'd come home from school and we'd open the box. It was a truly unforgettable memory.
     The best part is each Valentine's Day from now on will possess a love box filled with various mementos, warm memories, and displays of love to last a lifetime. Neat, huh? It's truly amazing what can happen when you add tin foil, some construction paper hearts, a steady hand and a lot of love.

6 comments:

Dio said...

I like your vow to not take anything for granted, and like your Valentine's Box, too!

J.E. Bolton said...

Thanks, Dio! Great job, I agree. I found a box and taped the tin foil. LOL. That was my "special" jobs. The real talent came from my other half. I'm not that 3-dimensionally crafty with scissors. =-)!

When I was a little boy, it was a shoe box. Nevertheless, it was fun reliving this craft project. Thanks for stopping by.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

oh wow....a valentine's box! i used to make the most elaborate ones when i was small. then i made even fancier ones for my kids when they were little. this brings back good memories!

J.E. Bolton said...

Thanks very much for paying this blog a visit, Jaz! It really does bring back good memories. The one thing I love about holidays is things may compromise, but the memories and traditions of yesterday never do.

Come back soon!

Jane said...

This reminds me of when I was a child and we would exchange valentines with our class mates,good memories!Blessings jane

J.E. Bolton said...

JANE: That's an awesome memory! I loved going to school on holidays and receiving well wishes, especially for Valentine's Day. All the goodies and Valentines. How neat and thank you for reminding me of that.