Thursday, March 31, 2011

TEA TIME IN LYMWORD




     I'm sorry I haven't blogged regularly in the last few days. I've had more irons in the fire than I can even count. Oh, well...I wanted to at least give you all the details about last Tuesday's tea time in the town of Lymword.
     As you know, Miss Catherine hosted the monthly tea time at the Emerald Isle Bed & Breakfast. At first, I was a bit skeptical about the attendance level, but you wanna know something? Everyone turned out, and I was pleasantly surprised.
    They had every tea you could imagine: regular, Earl Grey, lemon, raspberry, black cherry, you name it! My favorite by far was the mango.
    When you first walked into the parlor, there were scones, cookies, and everything you can imagine. During the evening, some of the local musicians gathered together and play various tunes. It was adorable watching the small children "dancing a-jig", as Miss Catherine called it.
    When it was finally time to leave, everyone swore to gather together soon. Just like sheer poetry, the teapot was empty, and the laughter and music scattered in the wind, destined to come back next month.
    And so did I.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Sounds like a great tea party! Reminds me a little of stepping back into the past,a break in our fast paced life! Good to see you back I haven't posted yet either Blessings jane

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Well,I'm craving tea now.......

J.E. Bolton said...

Thanks, Jane and My Aimless Infatuation! So glad when you both stop by. Things like that often remind us what's precious when we step back and remember a better time in life.

Thanks again! And My Aimless Infatuation: put the kettle on! If you make it, we'll all come to your kitchen and sit a spell.

My Aimless Infatuation said...

My door is always open and all are welcome. These days I make mostly iced tea as that is what my friends and family prefer, but I never pick up a tea bag that my memory doesn't go back to my childhood. Just the smell of it and I am right there with my Mama and Grandmother(sitting at the table)having a cup of english tea with toast. I guess that wouldn't be too special to most kids today but it sure was for me.

Deborah said...

What a great thing to do...time goes by so fast its nice to have the opportunity to relax with friends. Here's to a virtual cup of tea with you! Cheers!!