Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A TOUCH OF THE IRISH

     I visited Lymword earlier today and witnessed the town getting ready for St. Patrick's Day. And let me tell you: the flurry of towns folks getting last-minute greenery on every corner was a real sight to see. Despite the store display windows, front doors, and the "KISS ME, I'M IRISH!" shirts that align the shelves like a mighty army, there's one place in particular that really caught my attention.
    The Emerald Isle Bed and Breakfast, located in the heart of downtown, is owned by a true Irishman...or...Irishwoman, that is. Catherine Rose Cole (maiden name, Kennedy), was one of the first families of Lymword, and her parent's were full-blooded Irish. They came to this country and decided to build their first American home in this particular part of the world. The home has been restored since then and is now the Emerald Isle B&B.
     Interesting, huh?
     When you first pull into the driveway, you instantly see a white picket fence and neatly-pruned shrubs as far as the eye can see. Every spring, Miss Catherine, as the locals call her, is famous for her Irish roses that span her entire backyard. Every St. Patrick's Day, she opens her home to the locals for the annual St. Patrick's Day dinner. 
      Here's a sneak preview of tomorrow night's table setting...


    I intend on paying these lovely folks a visit tomorrow. I'll wine and I'll dine, and I'll relish in Miss Catherine's stories of the Old Country, and it shall be a moment in time I'll never forget.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

That is just so cool that there is a small town that decorates like that for St. Patrick's Day. So very "Norman Rockwell". And I mean that in a good way.
Enjoy your dinner tomorrow! :0)

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Sounds like so much fun! I just have to visit this town,thanks for sharing.

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Ok,I give,exacly where is this Lymword? I can't find it anywhere! Signed: feeling like a dummy.

Deborah said...

That table setting is so beautiful. I hope you have a great time wining and dining...but I thought St. Patrick's day was more about the beer!! :)

J.E. Bolton said...

Thank you all so much for your comments!

I'll have a blast tomorrow and share this little place in the world with you on and off. I'm glad everyone likes it so much.

My Aimless Infatuation: Thanks for your interest. I'll share that with you later. All I can say is it's a place like we've all been to before, and more places like Lymword that's really needed.

J.E. Bolton said...

Also, My Aimless Infatuation: You are by no means a dummy! All I can say to you and everyone else is Lymword's location isn't as important as enjoying the trips there. I hope that makes sense...LOL.

Thank you, blogger friend and all my blogger friends for stopping by, as always.