Sunday, October 17, 2010

CARAMEL APPLE HEAVEN IN A CUP


     As many of you have read in one of my previous blogs, I love the Stephen's Gourmet Cocoa brand. It's by far the best cocoa anywhere, in my opinion; and this version has instantly become my favorite apple cider of all time. 
     With the chilliness of autumn hanging heavy in the air, I instantly shift into hot drink mode. It's a mode containing many trips to Starbucks; smooth flavored coffees, lattes and cappuccinos; hot fruit teas and apple ciders; and gourmet cocoas of every kind (of course, I'm by no means forgetting tomato basil soup and/or chili). As luck would have it, P.B.E. gave me the best surprise ever: Stephen's Caramel Apple Cider. 
     I scooped three round tablespoons (it calls for two, but I've gotta have a little extra) and added it to six ounces of hot water steaming in one of my favorite mugs. I sipped it for the first time, and the results are... 
     ...it's caramel apple heaven in a cup and simply perfect for this time of year.


 (Why not try it for yourself? To order online or to find the store nearest you that sells the Stephens Gourmet Cocoa line of products, go to http://www.indulgentfoods.com/.)
      

2 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Yum....sound delicious! I like hot beverages too, especially Cocoa. I've never tried the Stephens brand before though, I'll have to check it out. I usually go for Godiva or Ghiradelli brand. Now I'm hungry...great! Thanks a lot! :o)

J.E. Bolton said...

I agree. Godiva is awesome. Ever since I've tried Stephens Cocoa, I fell in love with it ever since.