Monday, October 25, 2010

WALKIN' IN AN AUTUMN WONDERLAND



     As the weather tends to be sometimes, today's consistently rainy, but yesterday was seemingly perfect without contest.
    To simply put it: autumn was everywhere!
    Golden leaves feverishly fell like snowflakes in the breeze, the temperature was 68 degrees, and everything around me was nothing short of wonderful. In fact, one of my neighbors' children raked fresh leaves into piles and jumped in them. In this age we live in where a generation of kids have become so hi tech-dependent, I was somewhat gobsmacked by what I'd witnessed but far from disappointed.
    Also, Jack (it's what I named my jack-o-lantern) appeared as though he was feeling kinda droopy and alone. Nevertheless, I bought him a little friend. In my next blog entry, you'll get to meet him...or her. I haven't quite decided what name or gender it'll be just yet.
    Any ideas?
    

4 comments:

dragonmamma said...

Well, we can't name it yet until we see it!

J.E. Bolton said...

DRAGONMAMMA: Actually, I didn't think abou that one. You've got a point! LOL...Sorry.

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Oh...I love your images and I wish I could just step right into one of them and take off. As for Jack, well that is certainly a unique name you gave him there....ha! j/k

Can't wait to see his new friend...male or female, every punkin' needs a pal! :o)

J.E. Bolton said...

WENDY: Thanks! His new friend can be found on the top row of this picture set.