Monday, October 4, 2010

A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH


     Earlier today, I got back from the store and purchased my first pumpkin of the Halloween season. My arms were full, so I had to sit the orange wonder down for a moment. When I went back to get it, a sudden epiphany came into play.
    I discovered the beautiful, orange pumpkin sat still among the dry, brown leaves. I gaped. It was gorgeous and somewhat breath-taking; so much vibrant life among the barren dead. 
    But this isn't the last anyone will see of this wonderful creation--not by a long shot.  Halloween will soon be here, and big plans await this masterpiece of nature. It will be carved with a unique design, filled with the fiery glow of candlelight, and displayed proudly for every kindred eye to see. 

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful Pumpkin!

J.E. Bolton said...

Jeanna: This has to be my favorite pic of it. THANKS!