Thursday, November 4, 2010

ALL HAIL THE TOPAZ MONTH



     The leaves have fallen, and the Autumn colors are at their fullest. As you know, the birthstone for the month of November is topaz; the beautiful yellow stone.
    And "why", you might ask? Legend says the topaz enhances spiritual rejuvenation and invokes happiness into the soul of mankind. 
    Some century-old legends make you wonder if they either possess true merit or if they're nothing more than tall tales spun for the generations to come. But when I see the rich topaz colors of autumn scattered all over the ground and hanging loosely in trees, an involuntary smile forms across my face and I understand this legend is true, indeed.
   

2 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Ahh....if only I had some topaz leaves to look at, rake up, jump in! Definitely another thing for you to be thankful for! Lucky you! :o)

J.E. Bolton said...

WENDY: I live in East Tennessee near the Smoky Mountains region. leaves are so beautiful this time of year.

I hope my pictures can at least give those who aren't near any colored leaves a little bit of an autumn experience.

THANKS, my autumn kindred!