Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A FAVORITE TREAT OF THE SEASON


JUST ONE OF P.B.E.'s FESTIVE CREATIONS

     God really blessed me with a family full of wonderful cooks. Which, by the way, brings me to today's topic of favorite things: PUMPKIN PIE!
     Everyone's got a favorite Thanksgiving Day dessert. When I was a little boy, the women in my family would get together and create wonderfully sweet creations, like sweet potato casserole and sawdust salad. Now, when my family--both the men and women--and I get together and cook, it solidifies a special family bond that carries us from one generation to another. 
    The other dessert I love is pumpkin pie. Give me a sweet slice on a saucer, a generous dollop of COOL WHIP on top, and a wonderful gathering of family and friends, and my Thanksgiving's officially complete. If you love pumpkin pie, I found a great pumpkin pie recipe on the BORDEN'S EAGLE BRAND website. It's by far my favorite pumpkin pie recipe, by far.
    You can find the recipe for "Perfect Pumpkin Pie" on the official website by clicking HERE, or visit http://www.eaglebrand.com/ for a list of products and other recipes to help make your upcoming Thanksgiving Day dinner a success. 

2 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

I've never been a 'pie' girl myself. Except for Chocolate Pie...I am fan of ANYTHING chocolate...ha! But I do enjoy a slice of punkin' pie with cool whip around Thanksgiving. Being a southern girl, I also like to sample the pecan pie at this time of year as well.

As for your poll...I really wanted to vote for 2 of my favorite things...getting together with friends and family AND watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Both are traditions of course. And we also do the 'what I'm thankful for' at dinner time too! :o)

J.E. Bolton said...

WENDY: I know. I'm trying to eat better, but my weakness will always be French Silk Pie with the chocolate shavings on top...YUM!!!

When I was a kid, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade was always a tradition while we were waiting for the food to be ready.

Thanks for posting!