Tuesday, November 9, 2010

THANKFUL THING #3: BEST FRIENDS

(From left to right): Tracey, Windy, and Me!

     Former President Woodrow Wilson once said, “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.
    I'd like you to meet two very special ladies: my B.F.F.'s (best friends forever) Windy and Tracey. Much like the "babies", they both came into my life at different times. What's funny is I didn't look for their friendship. We just kinda found one another.
    Windy and I have been friends since high school, while Tracey and I worked with one another a few years ago. There's nothing I haven't told Windy or Tracey, and there's nothing they haven't told me. Yes, my dear readers, we've laughed and cried together, shared each other's shoulders to cry on, tried to help mend one another's broken hearts, and the list goes on forever.
     When I first met them, I had no idea we'd become close enough to actually refer to one another as a "best friend." Now, they're my blessings, my "sisters", and have been my rock time and time again. Grant it, we don't talk everyday, but the love and kindred-ship's forever real.
   They each have their own traits and ways, but what I love about them most is their hearts. They're friendship is like warmth when the world grows cold sometimes. They always lend their ears and quickly let me know that I'm not as wierd as I think I am.
    So to Tracey and Windy: I love you both, my best friends. The world's a much better place simply because you both are in it.

2 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Aw...that's such a nice post! Everyone deserves to have BFF's like that! You are blessed indeed! :o)

J.E. Bolton said...

WENDY: Thanks for the kind response. I am really blessed to have these two in my life. What I've written about them doesn't compare to what I really wanted to say about them, if that makes sense.

Thanks for posting, and I'm also thankful for my fellow bloggers, such as yourself. Hmm...What do you know? A new thankful thing!