Sunday, November 14, 2010

'TIS THE SEASON TO BE THANKFUL

    
     P.B.E. and I were walking around downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee and we found this bulletin board's hotel getting into the spirit of Thanksgiving. Don't get me wrong. I love Christmas very much and cherish its real meaning, but it was just nice to see a tiny sign of Thanksgiving among an ocean of pre-seasonal Christmas decor.
     Yes, my friends; thousands of Christmas lights twinkled, trees were trimmed, and Christmas was everywhere--ready or not. Don't get me wrong. The towns of Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg did a wonderful job decorating for Winterfest and the Christmas season; but this one bulletin board seemed to put everything back into the appropriate seasonal perspective.
     On Friday, November 26th, this blog will gladly ring in the Christmas season full force, but until then I just choose to proclaim, " 'Tis the season to be jolly...er, um...thankful!"

2 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Hey...we went to Gatlinburg summer before last for vacation, and we had a blast. But we've been thinking hard on going up at Christmas time too. We really want to go when there is snow on the ground though. Do you know about when snow happens up there, or is it just a crapshoot? I'd love to see it all decked out for Christmas.

We had so much fun riding the chair lift, the alpine slide at Ober Gatlinburg and going Zip-Lining. I hadn't been since I was a young kid, (my parents were actually still married then...ha) It was a fun place for the kids...they loved it. And we'd like to rent a cabin/house for a few days/week, but I am a bit phobic about cleanliness. I want to KNOW it's a decent place, and I am not sure photos tell the truth...ha! Not to mentiont he whole bedbug issue...ugh!

We thought about going last year, but were worried it wouldn't snow...then of course it did, after we opted NOT to go. Just wondering if you have an weather insight for that area during the winter season?

J.E. Bolton said...

WENDY: Thanks for posting, as always! Usually the snow hits between now and the beginning of March. However, snow's been on and off, but nothing major. There might be a number you can call in Gatlinburg that might be able to tell you upcoming weather conditions.

And as far as bedbugs go: UGH! LOL

You're a quite a brave gal to conquer the chair lift. I'm not a big fan of anything that goes way up. The Zip Line may not be so bad. I'm afraid it would feel like being on a ferris wheel! LOL.

There's everything going on in the area for Christmas, especially at Dollywood. Come check it out, Wendy and everyone!