Friday, November 5, 2010

THANKFUL THING #2: THE BABIES

     Most people think this would be a silly thing to do; to be thankful for a mere dog. I suppose it sounds silly to most, but there are things about these precious blessings no one will ever know about. Precious lessons taught to no one except me.
     These three angels: H.R., Dandie and Sonic, came into my life at the perfect time when everything about me came at a crossroads; things that were painful and heartbreaking. When you're at that crossroads in life, you do one of two things: you either become painfully bitter at the world, or you begin learning to love again and fully forgive with your whole heart.
     In the process of learning to let go and forgive, I had these precious angels come into my life one at a time. H.R., who was merely waiting for me to arrive; Dandie, who we purchased in Georgia; and Sonic, who we found as a lost stray (ironically, at a Sonic Drive-in near Chattanooga, Tennessee).
     They taught me three very valuable lessons: to live in the now and cherish the day; to love everyone, even if you don't "get" them; and that the power of love really is greater than the snares of hate. I joke a lot times and say that on the eighth day, God created pets (LOL). 
     But I truly thank God everyday for this wonderful trio of blessings. I've learned a lot and been loved a lot with snuggles and sloppy wet kisses. But out of all the lessons I've learned, they've taught me that unconditional love is the greatest gift of all.

4 comments:

Dio said...

Awwww!! Your little guys are adorable!

J.E. Bolton said...

DIO: Thanks! they're very precious and ALL ATTITUDE! LOL

Val said...

Indeed. 'Happy you all have each other.

J.E. Bolton said...

VAL: Oh, we're very happy. They're such a blessing.