Monday, January 3, 2011

THE BEST IS YET TO COME


     The new year's settled in and everything appears dry and barren. Each year's beginning is always unquestionable, and our minds often entertain both fear and anticipation. However, I've begun looking at things differently.
     You might be asking yourself, "How does the above picture fall into the category of the best of things to come?" It's quite simple, really. Right now, the grass is dry and the air's too cold to play any outdoor sports. The trees lack leaves and are nothing but twigs and branches.
     BUT...Come springtime, all that will change. The trees will be lush and green; the fields will be full of ball players and kite fliers, and children's laughter will ring in the warm, sunny atmosphere. Generations of families will reunite once again, young loves will be rekindled with kisses under century-old oak trees, and granddads and their grandsons will sit along the lakeside with fishing poles and attempt to catch "the big one" and "the one that got away." Whether they catch anything or not, the irreplaceable time they'll spend together will be priceless.
    Yes, my dear friends, the best is yet to come. Just you wait and see!
    
    
    

6 comments:

Dio said...

Amen!

I just passed through the best decade of my life and am looking forward to this next ten years even more.
Age brings wisdom, tolerance, and patience (along with a few achy pains), so tomorrow holds unlimited promise!

Happy new year to you, FTG, and thank you for the perspective adjustments!

J.E. Bolton said...

Thank you, Dio, as always. I'm pleased this past decade was wonderful for you I can say I learned a lot.

Nevertheless, thank you for taking time to stop by here. Comments from all you wonderful guys and gals truly brighten my day!

Jeanne said...

Great post!!

J.E. Bolton said...

Thanks, Jeanne!

Jane said...

I enjoyed the sentament of this post, and you are so right, the best is yet to come!I will visit your blog again soon.Blessings Jane

J.E. Bolton said...

Thank you, Jane! Welcome aboard, and I look forward to reading your blog as well.