Thursday, January 6, 2011

A PRICELESS MOMENT IN TIME


     Yesterday evening, East Tennessee became covered with an unexpected snow that blanketed everything in sight. Luckily, it was one of those dry snows good for making a snowman and perfect ammunition for good, old-fashioned snowball fighting.
     Then, as the sun rested behind the mountains, the lavender hues sat into play as the snow fell massive and beautiful. As I was taking pictures, I briefly stopped. An extraordinary feeling of serenity and peace surrounded me. It was like nothing else in the world mattered--not bills, not work, absolutely nothing but the indescribable feeling of a priceless moment in time. 

10 comments:

dragonmamma said...

Those monochromatic photos are great. Did you take those?

J.E. Bolton said...

Hi, Dragonmamma! Thanks for the comment. Yes, I did, and it was so beautiful and peaceful outside when I took them.

Val said...

Yes, beautiful pictures (and thoughts). A good snow does have a way of changing the way we see things.

J.E. Bolton said...

Thanks, Val. It was just indescribably beautiful and so quiet.

Thanks for commenting!

Jeanne said...

I always enjoyed Snow Falls - the utter silence interrupted only by the ever so slight whisper of snowflakes landing....
Beautiful! :0)

J.E. Bolton said...

I agree, Jeanne. I love that feeling. It's like time stops and the only thing there is peace and quiet.

Thanks for commenting!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Ooohh...so beautiful! The kids are dying to go see some snow, but our schedules have been too busy this year to get away. Missed reading your blog. Hope to be able catch up in the coming months. And sending you lots of heartfelt wishes for 2011! :o)

J.E. Bolton said...

Hey, Wendy! It's so good hearing from you again. Thanks for sharing and hearfelt wishes for 2011 back at ya.

Take care, my autumn kindred!

Jane said...

The snow is so beautiful,and the quiet after fresh fallen snow is almost surreal,loved this post! I am your newest follower, you are welcome to follow my blog as well,Blessings,Jane

J.E. Bolton said...

Thank you, Jane! I will gladly return the favor and follow yours as well.