Monday, January 31, 2011

THE SPRING THAT CAME TO JANUARY


     There was only one word to describe yesterday's weather in my part of the world: BEAUTIFUL! I had to actually check the calendar to remind myself we were still in the dead of Winter. Seeing nearly three-fourths of the park's patrons in shorts would've fooled anyone, especially me.
     And, trust me: it did!
     But what a yesterday; such a beautiful day it was! The day of cloudless sky and gentle, lukewarm breezes possessing such tranquility. In fact, yesterday was so flawless that even the creatures of the woods came out to welcome, what I felt was, an early Spring. 
     Mr. Squirrel even dropped by to show off in front of the camera. Of course, that's what I wanted to believe, if not for the acorns and various nuts someone left him earlier in the day.
     Hmm...go figure!
     Nevertheless, I went home and basked in ambiance of the day by retiring to my front porch, sitting in my favorite chair, and sipping a tall glass of iced tea. Okay, it was instant iced tea, but still, iced tea is iced tea. 
     I sat among the stillness of the unexpected beauty and thought about the peculiar weather. Sure, my friends, weatherwise: snow's expected to hit us soon and the bitter cold air will chill us to the bone once again. But for that one rare and fleeting moment in time Spring came to January, and I gladly welcomed it with open arms.    
   
      

4 comments:

Jane said...

I am glad spring came to your january.And very glad you took the time to appreciate mother nature behaving herself for a change! I am so ready for spring.Blessings jane

J.E. Bolton said...

Me, too, Jane. Considering the terribly chilling winds that would take your breath away, it was nice to feel the sun's warmth.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sadie said...

You are so lucky to have had a day like that! Those day who come so unexpectedly are the best. They are the cherry's on the cake.

And what a beautiful part of the world you live in when I look at that picture. I live in the woods, I miss the water badly.

Maybe the squirrel wants to trade places? Thanks for sharing this.

J.E. Bolton said...

Thank you, Sadie! I live close to the mountains, but what I love is Florida. When we visited the state in 2008, I thought all those palm trees everywhere where beautiful. Of course, I'm kinda partial to tropical secenery anyway.

Thanks for visiting!