Monday, January 24, 2011

EXACTLY TWO WEEKS AGO...

     Exactly two weeks ago today, several inches of snow settled heavy all over the Eastern United States. Grant it, I loved it when I didn't have anywhere to go, there's a good book in one hand and a hot cup of joe in the other, and the babies snuggling tight around our feet.
     Yes, the snow was beautiful--no doubt about it. But I'm somewhat glad it's passed and there two months left until the warmth of Springtime.
     I'll be thrilled when Spring has sprung. It'll be nice to pour a tall glass of iced tea, sit in my favorite lounging chair that calls my name everyday from the front porch, and hear the sound of katydids and birds ushering in a warmer season like a royal fanfare.
     Yes, it will be nice...
     ...BUT, if it wasn't for the times we didn't like, there'd never be anything to look forward to. There'd never be that excitement associated with the sight of fresh mulch and newly-grown flowers awaiting to majestically present themselves in flowerbeds and planting pots.
     So, until the warmer weather arrives, I'll make the best of this cold Winter and all it possesses. Dear friends, you'll find me buried beneath my Snuggie with a cup of warm joe in my favorite mug, popping in a good black and white horror flick, and overlooking things I cannot change. 
    And by doing so, I'll also be making wonderful, warm memories from a bitterly cold time of the year that will stay with me for the rest of my life. 
   

2 comments:

Jane said...

You are so right! Just relax and enjoy the seasons god has provided. There is always something in nature to look forward to.But you said it better than I can! Blessings jane

J.E. Bolton said...

Thanks, Jane! I promised myself to not get worked up over things I cannot change. Along with that is taking a bad situation and making it into a good one.

Thanks for the comment!