Saturday, January 8, 2011

I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM, WE ALL SCREAM FOR SNOW CREAM!


     With the recent bouts we've had with snow lately, it inspired me to write today's entry.
    As a child, I loved everything about snow: sledding, snowball fights, and, most importantly, school was always out! YAY! Now that I'm older, some of my favorite snow-related things have followed me into my adulthood (Of course, I doubt the other things really left me!).
     My Aunt Jo taught me something so wonderful and good associated with snow: snow cream. It's such a good treat and a very nice surprise the first time I tasted the creamy wonder courtesy of Mother Nature herself. I went online and found the perfect recipe. If you've never tried it, here's your chance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


PAULA DEEN’S SNOW ICE CREAM
(As shown on the Food Network website. You can see it by clicking HERE.)

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here’s what your gonna need…

8 cups [clean] snow, or shaved ice
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


DIRECTIONS:
Place snow or shaved ice into a large bowl. Pour condensed milk over and add vanilla. Mix to combine. Serve immediately in bowls.

ENJOY!!!

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

I can remember making this as a kid growing up in Colorado. Yummy! :0)

Val said...

I keep meaning to try this. It just needs chocolate syrup. ;)

J.E. Bolton said...

Hi, Jeanne and Val! Thanks for stopping by, as always. I never thought to use chocolate syrup. Thanks for the tip!

I'll never forget the first time I tried snow cream. At first, I was like, "I don't know about eating anything off the ground like that." LOL. But once I saw my favorite aunt indulge, I knew it couldn't have been that bad. And you know what? It wasn't at all!

Jane said...

I was brought up on snow cream! We didnt get a lot of treats ,so when it snowed,boy did we celebrate!Your post brought back a great childhood memory,I am following your blog ,hope you follow mine as well Blessings Jane

Jane said...

your post brought back memories of my childhood, I was raised up on snow cream, We didnt get a lot of treats,so when it snowed boy did we celebrate! I am following your blog,hope you follow mine as well ,Blessings Jane

J.E. Bolton said...

Thanks, Jane! Will do.

Val said...

Ha! I think to add chocolate syrup to too many things--thus, the ongoing weight loss battle! ;)

J.E. Bolton said...

Not to worry, Val. You're not alone by any means, my friend. I've been there myself. In fact, I still am.

Val said...

I just came back here to find this post and tell you that I did indeed finally try this, and I loved it. :) I went home to visit my parents a couple weeks ago, and we made this one night. Mom and I tried it with and without the chocolate syrup, and Dad wasn't as game and just had a spoonful of the plain. But it was truly good. Thank you for reminding me, it made for a fun memory with my parents. :)

J.E. Bolton said...

That's awesome, Val! I love making new memories that will last a lifetime, especially with the ones you love.

I'm in the process of making a Valentine's Day box like my mom, sisters and I did when we were younger. When I get nostalgic like that, there's no stopping me. LOL.

Thanks again!