Monday, January 10, 2011

A "DOG-GONE" HAPPY ENDING


     This entry starts out sad but ends up with one furry creature living happily ever after. 
     People who adore their pets are often like people who have children. Every pet you see, you often think about your own little furry bundle of joy, especially when the situation is rather dire and needs immediate attention.
      The one thing I love doing is going to areas where the scenery is beautiful and drawing inspiration for future blog entries. I was walking around a local dam taking pictures and found this little guy. He had on a collar with no tag, and no obvious owner nearby. He was clinging to anyone who would walk by, including me.
     My first instinct was to stay close to him. I didn't want the pound to collect him and euthanize him within the week just because he was lost. Then, another instinct hit me. I piled him into my vehicle and drove him around the camping area. Low and behold, two people recognized him and the little guy gladly went to them.
     Who knows? Perhaps he was merrily wondering around, but I didn't care. I drove away feeling proud I did some good in a world that needs a little more evidence of good.   


     

2 comments:

Dio said...

Yeah for happy endings!!

He's adorable - it would have been tempting to take him home, except that he is so obviously well-cared for and friendly.
You did such a good thing!

And I voted on your snow poll but my choice didn't really fit exactly how I feel. I love snow as long as I can come back in where it's warm and have hot chocolate!
Love to see it falling and watch it pile up, but hate having to dig my car out to go somewhere.

J.E. Bolton said...

DIO: Trust me. It was tempting to take him home. He was sweeterthan he looked in the picture. I kept telling myself over and over, "We don't need a fourth dog...We don't need a fourth dog!" LOL

And yes: Hot chocolate is always a great choice when coming in from the cold. Thanks for posting, as always!