Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SLEIGH RIDE


      I just thought this was too awesome not to share.
      Yesterday, the ice, snow and slush saturated the roads (the same treacherous condition they've been in the past few days). I know, because when I tried to get home after running errands I was momentarily stuck at the bottom of a hill, preventing me from getting home.
      Of course, there's always some good after some bad.
      Since the roads were beyond passable, our neighbors who own a horse farm decided to hitch up the horse-drawn sleigh and go sleigh-riding. I told Susan and her family they look like a Currier and Ives Christmas card. What do you think? 

5 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

They do look like Christmas Card. Oh how I wish that were me and my family on that sleigh! That is on our "to-do" list when we finally make it up to see some snow! Great photo!

J.E. Bolton said...

Hi, Wendy! They do look like a Christmas card, especially seeing them riding up the road.

Thanks for the comment.

Val said...

I got to do this one year, and it was so much fun, but the sleigh's owners had a dog who ran alongside the sleigh the entire time, and it made me nervous. :) They kept saying, "Oh, he's fine! He knows what he's doing," and they were right, but I was still nervous for the dog. It was fun, though, and so pretty! :)

Jane said...

They really do! so pretty,and your right,way too good to pass up, good job!Blessings,Jane

J.E. Bolton said...

VAL: I'm glad you got to go. Always wanted to that.

JANE: Thanks for the comment!