Tuesday, November 2, 2010

THANKFUL THING #1: MY FAMILY


     So, as I've said in my previous blog, I'm beginning my thankful list from now until Thanksgiving. And what better place to start than with my family. I don't have everyone pictured, but these people are the basic ones I wanted to talk about.
     I know this is a biased statement, but God couldn't have given me a better group of individuals to call my family than these wonderful people, including their spouses and their families. We're not perfect. No one is, for that matter. Throughout my entire life, they've wrapped around me with an abundance of love, massive understanding without question, and enough wonderful memories to last a lifetime. They're my rock, the loves of my life, and I couldn't imagine my life without each and every one them in it.
     Now that I see the next generation coming along, I hope they know just how blessed they are to have one another. I hope they see what a priceless treasure family really is and to never take those moments for granted. Moments filled with memorable holidays and personal celebrations, joyous and/or trying moments, and every precious second of their lives with one another. 
     They are my forever gifts.
                          My eternal blessings.
                                               My family.
    And I couldn't ask for more.

                                             
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We, unaccustomed to courage
exiles from delight
live coiled in shells of loneliness
until love leaves its high holy temple
and comes into our sight
to liberate us into life.

Love arrives
and in its train come ecstasies
old memories of pleasure
ancient histories of pain.
Yet if we are bold,
love strikes away the chains of fear
from our souls.

We are weaned from our timidity
In the flush of love's light
we dare be brave
And suddenly we see
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free."
--Maya Angelou
(From the poem, TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL)

3 comments:

Val said...

Hear hear!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

A beautiful family indeed! And a most terrific thing to be thankful for, especially when they are good! :o)

J.E. Bolton said...

They are indeed a real blessing. Thank you all for posting.